Reading Arizona celebrated its first birthday on November 13. In honor of one year of making Arizona ebooks freely available to Arizonans, let’s look back on what we’ve done so far.
- 200 ebooks added, bringing the total to over 700 freely available ebooks
- A partnership with the University of Arizona Press to make digital rights to over 200 books available. Reading Arizona will be adding UAP ebooks in batches over the next few years. Reading Arizona currently features over 50 of UAP’s Arizona titles.
- 3 self-published titles acquired by the State Library through an internal process, with more on the way
- Hosted the 3 ONEBOOKAZ winners during ONEBOOKAZ month in April, plus 33 titles from ONEBOOKAZ contestants with ebooks featuring Arizona topics and themes
- One web platform redesign for our software, BiblioBoard, that makes the site more user-friendly and accessible
Thank you to those who have helped support Reading Arizona, and here’s to another year of exploring the literary landscape!